Team Development Plan Discussion
Office Relocation Team Development Plan
For the project selected in Unit I, (Office Relocation) create a simple project team development plan. Your plan should follow the process for developing and managing a team, as referred to in Figures 6.1 and 6.2 in the textbook. Your plan should include an introduction and should answer the following questions:
1. What human resource tools will you draw upon in the overall development and management of the project team?
2. What approach will you take to kick off the project team?
3. What ground rules will you establish for team meetings and interaction?
4. What specific ways will you demonstrate emotional intelligence in the development of the project team?
5. What methods will you employ to resolve conflict throughout the stages of team development?
6. What will be the conflict sources within the team development process?
7. How will you set and measure goals and reward achievement?
Compile the team development plan that addresses the questions above. Feel free to use a table to summarize your policy and approach. (As one example, refer to Table 6.2 in the textbook).
Submit your team development plan in the form of a minimum two-page document.
Check Point: Measuring the Success of Team Development Efforts
The success of team building efforts can be measured by auditing group and individual performance. The following are important tips for measuring the success of team development efforts:
• Establish SMART goals: If you cannot measure it, you cannot control it. Thus, establish SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely) goals for team development so that the success of the development efforts can be measured, tracked, and controlled.
• Establish performance measurement criteria: Include both qualitative and quantitative measures in assessing the success of team development milestones and quality check points. If the actual performance is not in line with the baseline performance, a corrective action may need to be implemented. Apply these criteria to both individual and team performance measurement.
• How to interpret these measurements: At each checkpoint in the performance measurement cycle, compare the measured performance against the target performance and the variance will indicate the status of the progress being made, as depicted in Table 6.2 .
Table 6.2: Team Building Efforts Success Measurement Criteria
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more